Food Safety and Quality in the Seafood Industry
General Information: This short course introduces the learner to:
- Food safety and quality control standards and procedures and their implementation,
- Food safety and quality management systems development and application,
- The importance of seafood temperature control and how to maintain the cool chain and
- Maintaining a clean work area and good personal hygiene.
Course Duration: Approx. 4 weeks
Entry Requirements: There are no entry requirements for this course
Study Area: Seafood Processing
- Food Safety
- Basic Quality Assurance
What do I study?
- SFIXSI101 Apply basic seafood handling and safety practices
- SFIPRO102 Clean work area
- SFIXSI202 Maintain the temperature of seafood
How do I gain recognition for completing this course:
A statement of Attainment for SFIXSI101 Apply basic seafood handling and safety practices, SFIPRO102 Clean work area, SFIXSI202 Maintain the temperature of seafood, will be issued after successful completion of this short course.
When can I start? The Food Safety and Quality in the Seafood Industry short course is delivered flexibly and enrollments are accepted all year round.
Training Methods: The Food Safety and Quality in the Seafood Industry short course can be delivered in the following ways:
Distance/Online – A mix of printed and electronic learning resource coupled with one on one Skype (or equivalent) tuition sessions.
Classroom-based training – For schools and other institutions. This will be delivered in the classroom and LMC will negotiate a training model that suits.
Fees and Charges: Standard fee for the Food Safety and Quality in the Seafood Industry short course is $775.00 AUD. This encompasses all learning materials, tuition support, assessment and issuance of qualification.
This course can now be paid off weekly. For Payment Plan options click here.
For workplace learning and classroom-based training models please contact us as programs of that nature can be tailored to suit the commercial client.