- A new candidate for commercial aquaculture? October 15, 2018
- Ready to Muck in October 11, 2018
- Native oyster initiative gains traction October 9, 2018
- Women in aquaculture: Kyra Hoevenaars October 8, 2018
- Getting the bug for aquaculture October 4, 2018
- The future of fish farming in Myanmar October 3, 2018
- Milkfish congress offers glimmer of hope for the Philippines October 2, 2018
Workplace Heath and Safety in Aquaculture
General Information: Workplace Health and Safety is now a standard part of everyday working practices in aquaculture. This course is designed to give the learner a strong knowledge of workplace health and safety practices both in terms of practical application and legislative requirements. It also assists with the development of in-house safety management system.
Course Duration: Approx. 4 weeks
Entry Requirements: There are no entry requirements for this course
Study Area: Aquaculture
- Workplace Health and Safety Legislation
- Safety Management Systems
- Practical WHS Application
What do I study?
- SFICORE106B Meet workplace OHS requirements
- SFIOHS301C Implement OHS policies and guidelines
How do I gain recognition for completing this course: A statement of Attainment for will be issued for SFICORE106B Meet workplace OHS requirements and SFIOHS301C Implement OHS policies and guidelines after successful completion of this short course.
When can I start? The Workplace Health and Safety in Aquaculture short course is delivered flexibly and enrollments are accepted all year round.
The Workplace Health and Safety in Aquaculture short course can be delivered in the following ways:
Distance/Online – A mix of printed and electronic learning resource coupled with one on one Skype (or equivalent) tuition sessions.
Classroom-based training – For schools and other institutions. This will be delivered in the classroom and LMC will negotiate a training model that suits.
Fees and Charges:
The standard fee for the Workplace Health and Safety in Aquaculture short course is $450.00 AUD. This encompasses all learning materials, tuition support, assessment and issuance of qualification.
This course can now be paid off weekly. For Payment Plan options click here.
For workplace learning and classroom-based training models please contact us as programs of that nature can be tailored to suit the commercial client.