- Africa’s tilapia farmers rise to Chinese challenge January 18, 2019
- Women in aquaculture: Marie-Aude Danguy January 16, 2019
- How aquaponics can spare Ugandan farmers from drought January 15, 2019
- Why community’s at the heart of Scottish salmon farming January 14, 2019
- Pooling knowledge: practice ponds help spread success January 11, 2019
- Bringing bivalve aquaculture out of its shell January 10, 2019
- A 45-year perspective on aquafeeds January 9, 2019
General Information: This short course covers the fundamentals of breeding various fresh and saltwater fish species.
Course Duration: Approx. 4 weeks
Entry Requirements: There are no entry requirements for this course
Study Area: Aquaculture
- Broodstock Management
- Spawning Techniques
- Live Feeds and Larval Rearing
What do I study?
- SFIAQUA314A Support hatchery operations
- SFIAQUA311B Oversee production and maintain algal or live-feed cultures
How do I gain recognition for completing this course: A statement of Attainment for SFIAQUA314A Support hatchery operations SFIAQUA311B Oversee production and maintain algal or live-feed cultures will be issued after successful completion of this short course.
When can I start? The Fish Breeding short course is delivered flexibly and enrollments are accepted all year round.
Training Methods: The Fish Breeding health short course can be delivered in the following ways:
Distance/Online – A mix of printed and electronic learning resource coupled with one on one Skype (or equivalent) tuition sessions.
Classroom-based training – For schools and other institutions. This will be delivered in the classroom and LMC will negotiate a training model that suits.
Fees and Charges: Standard fee for the Fish Breeding short course is $450.00 AUD. This encompasses all learning materials, tuition support, assessment and issuance of qualification.
This course can now be paid off weekly. For Payment Plan options click here
For workplace learning and classroom-based training models please contact us as programs of that nature can be tailored to suit the commercial client.