- Oven-ready aquaculture August 17, 2018
- A sense of plaice August 15, 2018
- Women in aquaculture: Atsuko Nozaki August 13, 2018
- African fishmeal factories under fire August 8, 2018
- Women in aquaculture: Dr Flower Msuya August 5, 2018
- Africa threatened by Asian fish imports August 3, 2018
- Recasting the net August 1, 2018
Pond Based Aquaculture
General Information: This farming method is still the largest culture technique by volume in the world. Having knowledge of this technique is vital for becoming a well-rounded member of the aquaculture community. The course covers both the bio chemical aspects of pond dynamics as well as practical farming methods.
Course Duration: Approx. 4 weeks
Entry Requirements: There are no entry requirements for this course
Study Area: Aquaculture
- Pond Water Quality Dynamics
- Pond Farming Techniques
What do I study?
- SFIAQUA308C Maintain water quality and environmental monitoring
- SFIAQUA205C Feed stock
- SFIAQUA213C Monitor stock and environmental condition
How do I gain recognition for completing this course: A statement of Attainment for SFIAQUA308C Maintain water quality and environmental monitoring, SFIAQUA205C Feed stock and SFIAQUA213C Monitor stock and environmental conditions will be issued after successful completion of this short course.
When can I start? The Pond Based Aquaculture short course is delivered flexibly and enrollments are accepted all year round.
Training Methods: The Pond Based Aquaculture short course can be delivered in the following ways:
Distance/Online – A mix of printed and electronic learning resource coupled with one on one Skype (or equivalent) tuition sessions.
Classroom based training – For schools and other institutions. This will be delivered in the classroom and LMC will negotiate training model that suits.
Fees and Charges:
Standard fee for the Pond Based Aquaculture short course is $350.00 AUD. This encompasses all learning materials, tuition support, assessment and issuance of qualification.
This course can now be paid off weekly. For Payment Plan options click here.
For workplace learning and classroom based training models please contact us as programs of that nature can be tailored to suit the commercial client.