- Africa’s tilapia farmers rise to Chinese challenge January 18, 2019
- Women in aquaculture: Marie-Aude Danguy January 16, 2019
- How aquaponics can spare Ugandan farmers from drought January 15, 2019
- Why community’s at the heart of Scottish salmon farming January 14, 2019
- Pooling knowledge: practice ponds help spread success January 11, 2019
- Bringing bivalve aquaculture out of its shell January 10, 2019
- A 45-year perspective on aquafeeds January 9, 2019
Recirculated Aquaculture Systems
General Information: Recirculated Aquaculture Systems (RAS) are becoming commonplace in commercial aquaculture. Anyone wanting a career in aquaculture should have knowledge of both the biochemical and engineering aspects of RAS. This course covers RAS design, waste management, and commercial RAS production.
Course Duration: Approx. 4 weeks
Entry Requirements: There are no entry requirements for this course
Study Area: Aquaculture
- RAS Design
- Mechanical and Biological Filtration
- Aquatic Engineering
- Feeding and General Husbandry
What do I study?
- SFIAQUA313B Oversee operations of high technology water treatment components
- SFIAQUA219B Operate and maintain high technology water treatment components
How do I gain recognition for completing this course: A statement of Attainment for SFIAQUA313B Oversee operations of high technology water treatment components and SFIAQUA219B Operate and maintain high technology water treatment components will be issued after successful completion of this short course.
When can I start? The Recirculated Aquaculture Systems short course is delivered flexibly and enrollments are accepted all year round.
The Recirculated Aquaculture Systems short course can be delivered in the following ways:
Distance/Online – A mix of printed and electronic learning resource coupled with one on one Skype (or equivalent) tuition sessions.
Classroom-based training – For schools and other institutions. This will be delivered in the classroom and LMC will negotiate a training model that suits.
Fees and Charges: Standard fee for the Recirculated Aquaculture Systems short course is $450.00 AUD. This encompasses all learning materials, tuition support, assessment and issuance of qualification.
This course can now be paid off weekly. For Payment Plan options click here.
For workplace learning and classroom-based training models please contact us as programs of that nature can be tailored to suit the commercial client.