- Key factors in creating the largest tilapia RAS in the world June 22, 2018
- The AKVA factor June 18, 2018
- Executive decisions June 15, 2018
- Women in Aquaculture: Natalie Clark June 13, 2018
- Successful start for Scotland's native farmed salmon strain June 10, 2018
- The real eel: a guide to eel farming June 7, 2018
- Far-out farming June 5, 2018
Recirculated Aquaculture Systems
General Information: Recirculated Aquaculture Systems (RAS) are becoming common place in commercial aquaculture. Anyone wanting a career in aquaculture should have knowledge of both the biochemical and engineering aspects of RAS. This course covers RAS design, waste management and commercial RAS production.
Course Duration: Approx. 4 weeks
Entry Requirements: There are no entry requirements for this course
Study Area: Aquaculture
- RAS Design
- Mechanical and Biological Filtration
- Aquatic Engineering
- Feeding and General Husbandry
What do I study?
- SFIAQUA313B Oversee operations of high technology water treatment components
- SFIAQUA219B Operate and maintain high technology water treatment components
How do I gain recognition for completing this course: A statement of Attainment for SFIAQUA313B Oversee operations of high technology water treatment components and SFIAQUA219B Operate and maintain high technology water treatment components will be issued after successful completion of this short course.
When can I start? The Recirculated Aquaculture Systems short course is delivered flexibly and enrollments are accepted all year round.
The Recirculated Aquaculture Systems short course can be delivered in the following ways:
Distance/Online – A mix of printed and electronic learning resource coupled with one on one Skype (or equivalent) tuition sessions.
Classroom based training – For schools and other institutions. This will be delivered in the classroom and LMC will negotiate training model that suits.
Fees and Charges: Standard fee for the Recirculated Aquaculture Systems short course is $350.00 AUD. This encompasses all learning materials, tuition support, assessment and issuance of qualification.
This course can now be paid off weekly. For Payment Plan options click here.
For workplace learning and classroom based training models please contact us as programs of that nature can be tailored to suit the commercial client.