- Notes from “the world's largest" aquaponics system March 20, 2019
- Overcoming challenges in steelhead RAS production March 18, 2019
- Ten products to whet the appetite for Seafood Expo North America March 15, 2019
- High hopes to diversify US marine finfish aquaculture March 12, 2019
- Can Ghana's tilapia sector bounce back? March 12, 2019
- Proud to be a woman, but happy to be “one of the boys” March 8, 2019
- Nasa scientist to focus on fish and shrimp health March 6, 2019
Basic Fish Health
General Information: It’s not easy to keep fish at optimum health levels. It doesn’t matter if you are running a large fish farm or a single aquarium, there are some basic fish health principles which do not change. This course covers those basic principles and is a great stepping stone to developing a deeper understanding of fish health.
Course Duration: Approx. 4 weeks
Entry Requirements: There are no entry requirements for this course
Study Area: Aquaculture
- Fish Diseases
- Basic husbandry
What do I study?
- SFIAQUA213C Monitor stock and environmental condition
- SFIAQUA222A Control diseases
How do I gain recognition for completing this course: A statement of Attainment for SFIAQUA213C Monitor stock and environmental condition and SFIAQUA222A Control diseases will be issued after successful completion of this short course.
When can I start? The Basic Fish Health short course is delivered flexibly and enrollments are accepted all year round.
Training Methods: The Basic fish health short course can be delivered in the following ways:
Distance/Online – A mix of printed and electronic learning resource coupled with one on one Skype (or equivalent) tuition sessions.
Classroom-based training – For schools and other institutions. This will be delivered in the classroom and LMC will negotiate a training model that suits.
Fees and Charges: Standard fee for the Basic Fish Health short course is $399.00 AUD. This encompasses all learning materials, tuition support, assessment and issuance of qualification.
This course can now be paid off weekly. For Payment Plan options click here.
For workplace learning and classroom-based training models please contact us as programs of that nature can be tailored to suit the commercial client.