- Notes from “the world's largest" aquaponics system March 20, 2019
- Overcoming challenges in steelhead RAS production March 18, 2019
- Ten products to whet the appetite for Seafood Expo North America March 15, 2019
- High hopes to diversify US marine finfish aquaculture March 12, 2019
- Can Ghana's tilapia sector bounce back? March 12, 2019
- Proud to be a woman, but happy to be “one of the boys” March 8, 2019
- Nasa scientist to focus on fish and shrimp health March 6, 2019
Basic Water Quality
General Information: It doesn’t matter if you are an aquarium enthusiast, an aquaculturist, need to brush up for your high school studies or just have a general interest in aquatic sciences, this accredited short course is for you.
Course Duration: Approx. 4 weeks
Entry Requirements: There are no entry requirements for this course
Study Area: Aquaculture
- Water Quality Parameters
- Water Quality Testing
- Water Quality Manipulation
What do I study?
- SFIAQUA209C Manipulate stock culture environment and SFIAQUA213C Monitor stock and environmental conditions
How do I gain recognition for completing this course: A statement of Attainment for SFIAQUA308C Maintain water quality and environmental monitoring will be issued after successful completion of this short course.
When can I start? The Basic Water Quality short course is delivered flexibly and enrollments are accepted all year round.
The Basic Water Quality short course can be delivered in the following ways:
Distance/Online – A mix of printed and electronic learning resource coupled with one on one Skype (or equivalent) tuition sessions.
Classroom-based training – For schools and other institutions. This will be delivered in the classroom and LMC will negotiate a training model that suits.
Fees and Charges:
The standard fee for the Basic Water Quality short course is $399.00 AUD. This encompasses all learning materials, tuition support, assessment and issuance of qualification.
For workplace learning and classroom-based training models please contact us as programs of that nature can be tailored to suit the commercial client.
This course can now be paid off weekly. For Payment Plan options click here.
How do I apply?