Diploma of Aquaculture
The Diploma of Aquaculture is perfectly suited for:
- People who are existing workers and wish to transition into a higher level position;
- People who are interested in starting their own aquaculture business; and
- For individuals looking to enter the industry that has a thirst for developing a deep knowledge of commercial aquaculture.
Course Duration: Approx. 52 weeks (Flexible Completion Time)
Entry Requirements: Nil
Key Study Areas:
- Health management and biosecurity
- Water Quality
- Feeding and Nutrition
- Aquaculture system design
- Risk management
- Data management
- Enhancing commercial aquaculture productivity
- Environmental Management
Career Outcomes: Owning, managing or working within commercial aquaculture facilities, research agencies or government departments.
Diploma of Aquaculture Units
- SFICORE101C Apply basic food handling and safety practices
- SFICORE103C Communicate in the seafood industry
- SFICORE105B Work effectively in the seafood industry
- SFICORE106B Meet workplace OHS requirements
- SFIAQUA501C Develop a stock nutrition program
- SFIAQUA504C Plan environmentally sustainable aquacultural practices
- SFIAQUA505C Plan stock health management
- SFIAQUA507C Plan and design water supply and disposal systems
- SFIAQUA508C Plan and design stock culture or holding systems and structures
- SFIAQUA509B Develop a stock production plan
- SFIAQUA510B Select, plan or design a system or facility utilizing high technology water treatment components
- BSBRSK501B Manage risk
- SFIAQUA407C Coordinate sustainable aquacultural practices
- SFIAQUA408C Supervise harvest and post-harvest activities
- SFIAQUA412A Develop emergency procedures for on-land operations
- SFIAQUA308C Maintain water quality and environmental monitoring
- SFIAQUA316A Oversee the control of predators and pests
- SFIAQUA317A Oversee the control of diseases
- AHCWRK502A Collect and manage data
- AHCWRK503A Prepare reports
- SFIAQUA502C Develop and implement an aquaculture breeding strategy
- SFIEMS501B Develop workplace policy for sustainability
- There is a range of elective units we can use for the Diploma of Aquaculture, depending on your circumstances. Please contact us to discuss other units if some of these are not conducive to your learning needs.
Credit for previous study/experience: Students can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) in all nationally recognized training offered by LMC Training. Contact LMC Training for further details.
Start Date: The Diploma of Aquaculture is delivered flexibly and enrolments are accepted all year round.
- Distance/Online – A mix of printed and electronic learning resource coupled with one on one Skype (or equivalent) tuition sessions.
- Workplace training – For existing workers training can be undertaken at the workplace in face to face workshops and learning sessions.
- Schools and other institutions – Individual contracts are negotiated. We can construct an aquaculture system on site and use it as a training tool.
Fees and Charges: Standard fee for the Diploma of Aquaculture is $5999.00 AUD. This encompasses all learning materials, 24/7 tuition support, assessment and issuance of qualification.
Two Step Application Process:
Step 1 – Click the following link – Student Enrolment Form and fill in the form
Step 2 – Payment
- Full Fee for PayPal and Credit Cards – See below
- 40% on commencement, 30% halfway, 30% on completion for PayPal and Credit Cards- See below
- Weekly with Flexi Pay – Click Here
- Electronic Funds Transfer:
Bank: Bank of QueenslandAccount Name: LMC Training Pty LtdBSB: 124 081Account Number: 21552566Swift Code: QBANAU4B
Other payment options are available, please contact us.
We pride ourselves on our flexibility to meet all client needs, so please contact us from anywhere in the world and we are sure we can tailor a program that is perfect for your circumstances.